With autumn fast approaching I've been thinking of all the lovely things I'd like to do with Tyler Lee in the colder months of the year, this being the second autumn and winter of his life. I love spring and summer but there is something so tempting about autumn and winter that leaves me longing for nights in front of the fire, comfort food and warm, comfy clothes. Now that Tyler Lee is past the one and a half mark and a walking, curious, adventurous little toddler there are so many things I'd like us to do together in the colder, cozier seasons of the year. I've decided to compile a little bucket list of some autumn and winter activities and moments I'd like us to have together, hopefully I'll be able to cross everything off with my little cherub in tow. We had a wonderful autumn and winter last year even though my boy was so small so hopefully this year will be even more adventurous, fun and jam packed now that he's able to do activities with me.
Put together another Christmas Eve basket for Tyler Lee and give it to him an hour before he goes to bed on Christmas Eve.
Buy more winter/Christmas themed books and have an epic story-time in front of the fire.
3. Roast marshmallows and dip them in hot chocolate.
4. Go trick-or-treating. (No one to go with :( )
Dress both of us in costume for Halloween. (done 31/10/14)
6. Carve pumpkins and put candles in them, put them outside the front door. (Too late buying them)
Go pine cone and leaf collecting in the woods. (done 29/09/14)
8. Collect conkers and put string in them for conker games. (Couldn't find any conkers!)
Jump in a pile of leaves. (done 04/11/14)
Visit Believe at Fota again.
11. Watch The Addams Family and Casper on Halloween night. (He wouldn't watch them!)
12. Build a snowman (if it snows!).
13. Have snow cones.
14. Cuddle up on the couch with the fire on watching Disney movies.
15. Send a letter to Santa.
16. Leave a carrot for Rudolph and cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.
17. Make paper snowflake decorations.
18. Put a blanket on the floor and have an indoor picnic in front of the fire.
Take a chilly walk in the woods amongst the falling leaves. (done 04/11/14)
20. Buy a teepee and make it a special reading place.
21. Bake Christmas cookies, let Tyler Lee decorate.
Have a mini photo session in a leaf pile.
Go on a nature walk. (done 29/09/14)
24. Visit a Christmas fair.
25. Visit another castle.
Sit on a hay bale and take some pictures.(done 04/11/14)
27. Have another family day out.
28. Have a snowball fight (if it snows!).
Buy lots of cute Christmas outfits for Tyler Lee and take lots of pictures.
31. Have another Christmas photo session. (Toddler would not co-operate :( )
Visit our friends in Wexford. (done 03/09/14)
33. Let Tyler Lee help decorate his own special little Christmas tree.
34. Do leaf printing.
35. Do apple bobbing.
36. Make homemade soup and have it with soda bread.
Buy new pyjamas for Christmas Eve.
Do something special for daddy's birthday.
Pick some apples in Barryscourt Castle orchard. (done 16/09/14)
40. Celebrate Valentines Day and make sweet treats.
41. Make sure Tyler Lee has an amazing 2nd birthday.
I hope I can cross everything off the list. I'm now filled with images of colourful falling leaves, mittens and scarves, cute jumpers and coats, Christmas decorations, twinkling lights and lots of cuddles with my boy. I seriously cannot wait.