I don't know about you, but when I was a child my Christmas present list to Santa included just three things - a 'main present', which was something considerably bigger (and in most cases more expensive) than everything else, a small present that I really wanted a surprise, the latter usually meant for a few small presents and a selection box. I was always delighted with what I got for Christmas but in all honesty it was probably the 'main present' which got played with the most.
My son is too young to write a Santa list at the moment (he's only two) so I have to decide his gifts for him and whilst this is great fun, it can be quite hard to come up with a 'main present' idea, especially for a child his age. I thought I'd put this list together of my top 'main present' idea picks at the moment and hopefully they'll give other parents some gift ideas.
1. Rose Petal Cottage by DreamTown - This may quite possibly be the prettiest playhouse I have ever laid eyes on and thankfully I've been able to see it up close for myself and it's just as beautiful in person. Rose Petal Cottage* is an indoor playhouse designed for toddlers (although my 7 year old cousin was inside my sons one and she loved it too!), which inspires hours of imaginative play and make-believe games. The beauty of this playhouse is in it's details which feature 'chocolate box' cottage illustrations, an opening door with letterbox, shuttered windows, broderie anglaise trim, shelf and photo frame, all finished in the prettiest of pastel colours. Rose Petal Cottage also boasts a toddler high cooker with opening over door and dials - sure to appeal to any budding bakers! This really is such a beautiful playhouse for little girls AND boys - my little guy loves his! Rose Petal Cottage is £99.99 and you can find stockists as well as details on the cottage and it's matching accessory sets on the DreamTown website. A more in-depth review of Rose Petal Cottage shall be on the blog next week.
2. Tildo Country Play Kitchen - This was my sons main present last year and I can honestly say that it was well worth the investment, he absolutely loves it and plays with it everyday! When I went searching for a kitchen last year the Tildo Country Play Kitchen was the most beautiful I came across. When I spotted it in the window of Pinocchio's Toy Shop in Cork last year I immediately had to go in a put a deposit down on it. The kitchen is done in a beautiful powder blue colour - a perfect choice to appeal to boys AND girls, it's made from wood so it has that traditional vibe to it, it boasts a Belfast sink, clock, working and clicking dials, an oven and a cupboard as well as three kitchen utensils, a wooden washing up liquid bottle and salt and pepper shakers. I joke that this kitchen will be passed on through the generations but it really is so beautiful and my son has hours of fun with it. The Tildo Country Play Kitchen is currently £120.40 on the Amazon website.
3. Bright & Blue Teepee - This gorgeous and bright teepee is from Youmi and Teepee, the website which I ordered my sons black and white chevron teepee from for his 2nd birthday. Youmi and Teepee's teepees are all fantastically made and come in the most beautiful patterns - their English rose teepee is absolutely beautiful too. The teepee's all come with poles for making them stand, windows with open and close curtains with tiebacks and the best thing is, they fold down for easy storage. My son loves his teepee and the best thing is that it can be used indoors and outdoors for imaginative play all year round. The Youmi and Teepee Bright & Blue Teepee is £86.99 and is available from the Youmi and Teepee website.
5. Play Shop & Theatre (White) - This is such a gorgeous gift idea and is one I am considering for my son for his 3rd birthday in February. It's the perfect role-playing toy, acting as both a shop and a theatre with it's love red and white gingham curtains. It has two shelves and two chalkboards from displaying all your shops produce. This also the perfect gift for siblings as they can play shop together or put on a festive puppet show for all the family. The Play Shop & Theatre is also available in pink and is now £112 available from the Great Little Trading Co. website.
7. Le Toy Van Complete Wooden Farm Set - We're huge fans of Le Toy Van products here in the Dolly Dowsie household and this Complete Wooden Farm Set is just beautiful, containing everything your little one needs for creating lots of farmyard adventures. This set has four parts and comes with four buildings, including a hen house, cow shed and stable as well as farmyard accessories, animals and characters - which are super adorable! It is £128.95 and is available here.
Hopefully this post has given you son gift inspiration. Is there anything on the list that you think your little one would love?
*This post contains a PR sample.