I was baking this weekend and I made my delicious devil's food cake cupcakes but this time I added in some chocolate chips to give them some bite. I used chocolate fudge icing to top the cupcakes as I haven't had enough chocolate during the festive season, note the sarcasm there! In all seriousness I really can't resist a good, irresistibly chocolaty cupcake. I wanted to make these cupcakes pretty and colourful so I used an array of sprinkles and some multi-coloured sugared butterflies finished with some bright icing, I actually liked how they turned out. Below is the recipe if you want to have a go of baking these tasty little beauties for yourself.
115g soft dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
115g plain white flour
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
25g cocoa powder
125ml soured cream
Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
2. Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl and beat together until smooth. Fold in the soured cream and chocolate chips and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clear when inserted into the middle of the cupcakes.
4. Take out of oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack. I cover my cupcakes with a tea towel to keep in the moisture.
5. When cool apply icing of you choice. I used Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Icing as I was short on time and I really love the taste of this particular icing.
6. Decorate with sprinkles and other decoration of your choice.
7. Serve and enjoy!
There you have it! These delicious cupcakes are simple, easy and so tasty, a real treat for the weekends, which is when I usually do my baking. If you have a go of making these please do let me know, I'd love to know your thoughts.