I'm the kind of girl who loves to get creative with makeup, the bright colours and extreme looks appeal to me the most and in my daily life I have to be demure and tone it down so when a time of year like Halloween comes around I like to go all out, usually ending up looking like a rainbow's exploded on my face! I saw this comic book girl makeup on Pinterest and it's least to say that the picture itself was far superior to my attempts but hey, I had a lot of fun doing this and my baby son thought I was absolutely hilarious looking like this. The next time I do this look I'll perfect it a bit more, my dots could look better but I still think it's a fun and quirky look, also it's so simple to do which makes it even better. Here's how I did it -
1. I applied my foundation all over my face, I used Rimmel's Match Perfection in shade 200 'Soft Beige'.
2. Using Urban Decay's 24 Hour Glide-on Eye Pencil in 'Zero' I drew some frown lines and face contouring lines, I also shaded in my eyebrows to make them more extravagant and true to cartoon style. I also drew black lines around my lips.
2. I used Wet n Wild's Gel Eyeliner in 'Black/Noir' to draw a thick line on my eyelid, giving a flick at the ends, I also put this on my lower lash line to make my eyes pop like they do in cartoons.
4. To give my cheeks a flushed look I used MAC's 'Fleur Power' which has a very strong dark coral hue, I then coloured my lips with Clinique Moisture Surge lipstick in 'Scarlet.
5. Finally to create the dots I used Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lipcolour from the Theodora palette I just dotted this around my face and neck, I did find though that it applied better to places like my forehead and nose than it did on my cheeks, no idea why this was but hopefully when I do this look again I can combat this issue.
There you have it, simple comic book girl makeup, so easy and quick to do and such a great unique look for Halloween. I've actually never seen anyone in person wearing this makeup that's why I saw it's unique, in my area it is anyway. I really enjoyed this look not only for the sheer fun of it all but also because the I think the result is fab!
What do you think? Would you try this look out for yourself?
Stay pretty people!