I was baking again, I really have been bitten by the baking bug! I swear I never baked anything before I had Tyler Lee but I'm determined to be one of those mothers, a bit like Kitty fro That 70's Show who always has a sweet treat for her children and their friends to enjoy. Today's recipe is one I made up myself and actually made for the first time on Saturday, thankfully it came out well and tasted delicious! I decided to post this on a Wednesday as some of you may be in need of a mid-week treat and this definitely is one for the sweet tooth's out there! I used Oreo biscuits and Crispy M&M but you could actually layer the top of the cookie dough with whatever biscuits or chocolates you like, the recipe is quite adaptable. This was my first time making cookie dough so I'm delighted with how it turned out. Also, if I can find the time to bake with a teething six month old in the house then anyone can so give it a go!
For the cookie dough:
1 medium egg
225g of butter
140g of sugar
280g of plain flour
For the topping:
2 packets of Original Oreo biscuits
1 packet of Crispy M&Ms
1 packet of Betty Crocker brownie mix (or any other brownie mix you like)
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until an almost fluffy-like texture is made.
2. Add the egg yolk and mix well, then add in the flour and mix until absorbed by the other ingredients. The mixture will be a golden yellow in colour.
3. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees or Gas Mark 6.
4. Roll out the cookie dough with a rolling pin and place onto parchment paper. Add to a baking tin, making sure the dough is even all the way around.
5. Now for the fun part! Layer the Oreo biscuits all over the cookie dough and in the gaps between the biscuits add your Crispy M&Ms.
6 Prepare your Betty Crocker brownie mix, following the instructions on the box. You will need 3 table spoons of vegetable oil, some water and a medium egg.
7. Pour the well mixed brownie mix over the top of the cookie dough making sure it is even all around. I used the back of a spoon to even it out.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Take out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire tray. When cool cut, serve and enjoy this delicious yummy treat!
More yummy recipes to come soon, you can be sure of that!