Hello dollies! Well I've come to the end of another post week and this one was a fantastic and eventful one! I received eight items of post from seven lovely girls, all of who I was delighted to hear from. I received letters from three new pals this week, one who is a fellow blogger, one who I got to know via a Facebook pen pal group and one who contacted me via email after reading an interview I did a long, long time ago for a feature called 'Pen pal of the Week'. I was so happy to make new pals as it's always a great thing to hear from new people and forming new friendships. I had been in a bit of a funk a couple of weeks back and had lost my motivation for writing somewhat but I'm delighted to report that it has come back in full force and my passion for the hobby has been re-ignited by all the beautiful post I receive. This week also had some post mishaps. One of my letters came by ship rather than air and took and age to reach me, Royal Mail were kind enough to let me know why and once again Royal Mail gave me a laugh when my postcard went on a journey to a land far, far away from where it was supposed to go! Let me show you what I received this week June 17th to 21st...
1. My first letter from K, she blogs over at Lush Life Thoughts. I'm delighted to be able to write snail mail with a fellow blogger!
2. K and I were wondering why he letter took so long to reach me. It turns out the lady in the post office didn't give her enough postage for international mail and Royal Mail stuck this on the back of my letter, funny!
3. My first letter from Babsii who is living in Finland. I loved her sea themed writing paper, perfect for the summer.
4. I love the Moomin themed stamp and airmail sticker that Babsii used for my letter.
5. My first letter from Lisa from California. Lisa was the girl who read my 'Pen pal of the Week' interview and contacted me. She was so sweet and sent me a postcard from Rendondo Beach, lots of little a note papers and stickers.
6. The note papers and stickers that Lisa was kind enough to send me, Hello Kitty!
7. My second letter from the lovely Amy from Australia. Her letters are so pretty and I love the floral design she used to decorate the envelope. I also love her vintage vibe writing paper. She also sent me four lovely postcards and some flower stickers, so sweet of her.
8. Look at the amazing stamps Amy used for my letter. I love the miniature dachshund and the Australia Post 100 years black and white stamp.
9. A package from my lovely doll Vicky from England. We were both having a clear out and decided to send each other some things. She sent me two t-shirts for Tyler Lee, a tote bag for him also, some makeup and an apple ring.
10. Vicky handmade this bag for Tyler Lee's bedroom which I am doing up in a nautical theme. How sweet was she to make this for him. I love it and can't wait to hang it up in his bedroom.
11. A postcard from my beautiful Asta from Finland sent from her trip to Tuuri with friends.
12. A letter from Asta, I loved hearing from this girl again, she's someone I have definitely clicked with. She also sent some tea for Jacek. I wish I liked tea, all of these things seem so lovely and it would suit me so well!
13. I loved this sticker Asta used on my letter, it's so cute!
14. A postcard from Scotland from Ragna from Germany, sent during her trip there in April.
15. Someone in the sorting office must have been hungover or something because my postcard, written to go to Ireland was missent to Thailand! How this happens I have no idea but my postcard sure did take the scenic route to Ireland. Shame it couldn't take pictures of it's trip for me to see, that would have been amazing! It's a well travelled postcard but I'm glad it's back to where it belongs.
I hope next week is as fantastic as this post week. I'm already looking forward to Monday and I hope my item that I ordered from Dublin arrives, it's been over a week now, I could have walked up to collect it during this time!
Stay pretty people and pick up a pen!